Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Qeynos Badge of Nobility

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Gaelaiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2002
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is the Fifth Qeynos Badge Quest.

    I would like to share with you the final quest for the Qeynos Badge series. This one was incomplete in most websites i visited but here is all the information i gathered including my own input to make it easier to follow.

    Quest Starts in JP--

    You say, 'Hail, Sergeant Caelin'

    Sergeant Caelin says 'Hail, Gaelaiel. You have nothing to fear from the gnolls. My men and I have been sent from Qeynos to help defend Fort Jaggedpine should those worthless curs make the mistake of assuming this will be a place of easy plunder. I've fought and slain scores of gnolls in my time. Were I not bound to my post here I would go forth and drive them from their dark cave to the north myself. However, I can offer you a [bounty], should you choose to take such a mission upon yourself.'

    You say, 'what bounty'

    Sergeant Caelin says 'If you choose to go and fight against the gnolls, I shall offer a bounty for every gnoll canine that you return to me. You look a bit more adventurous then many of those that live in this settlement. They seem a bit [docile].'

    You say, 'who is docile'

    Sergeant Caelin says 'Perhaps it comes from living in harmony with nature for an extended period of time but they are more concerned with trading food recipes and doing arts and crafts. I have offered to give them some basic training in the arts of war but they seem to have no interest. This is a dangerous world in which we live and failure to acknowledge that has meant the downfall of many a society. I won't let this happen on my watch, provided my [men] are on their toes.'

    You say, 'What men'

    Sergeant Caelin says 'Guard Bossamir is a model soldier and a good man. I'm happy to have him watching my back. That Finewine character however, he is not worth the cost of the sword he wields! All he does is whine and complain. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and his family enrolled him in the guard to teach him some discipline but I've had no luck with him. He hasn't even turned in a [shift report] for weeks. Captain Tillin will bust me down to private if I don't deliver those soon.'

    (Note: For this part you must have amiable faction with JP guards. To obtain this kill Gnolls in JP for their fangs (which will give you + faction hits with them), turn them in to Sargeant Caelin for faction)

    You say, 'what shift report'

    Sergeant Caelin says 'You have been helpful in our defense efforts. However, I can not be too careful about whom I trust with carrying this information. If you truly consider yourself an ally to Qeynos then no doubt you have assisted the city in its defense before. Show me your Qeynos Badge of Honor and I'll know I can trust you fully. I'll place my mark upon it should anyone question your authority to do this service for me.'

    ***hand him your Qeynos badge of Honor and you will receive "Marked Qeynos Badge of Honor" in return along with "A warning note/report" to give to Guard Finewine.***


    You say, 'Hail, Guard Finewine'

    Guard Finewine says 'Yeah. Hi. Lovely place this. Humid, dark, wild animals all over the place, man eating plants, snakes and bugs finding their way into my armor and biting me where a man ought not be bit. And if [Bossamir] is right, we're soon to be cut down by ravaging gnolls. Why-oh-why did I get assigned to this job? Why wasn't I assigned to Qeynos where a man can get a decent meal and sleep in a nice bed at night? Oh I'm sorry. Did I say that out loud?'

    You say, 'What Bossamir'

    Guard Finewine says 'Hmm. . . Yeah, I have this tendency to prattle on when I'm completely miserable. According to what my colleague Bossamir has heard, these gnolls may be tougher then we thought. But that would be par for the course anyway with the way my pitiful life is going. Woe is me. The people in this backward settlement hate me, Sergeant Caelin hates me and I assume Kane hates me too because he sent me to the armpit of Antonica on a suicide mission.'

    *gave him the Warning letter/note*

    Guard Finewine says 'So he wants to send me to jail simply because I'm not filling out some silly reports? How can I be expected to think in such a decrepit state? Maybe you could help me. If I had a meal worthy of someone of my breeding then maybe I could think. Bring me something elegant, I don't want anything dull and pedestrian. I don't know what I want though. Do you have any suggestions?'

    Guard Finewine wants some dryad or potameid pate first before he will part with the report.

    (Note: He will NOT give you the warning back so do not panic and think that you have to start all over again)

    This requires you to have 191 baking, and the second item requires you to combine a no drop item. From what i hear,the second has a no fail component, so if you want to skip the baking skillups look for a master baker (Myself, Dathgunz and some others) and we will be happy to do the combine for you.

    To start with, /ooc for plant shoot, it is foraged and very hard to obtain for it can only be foraged in this zone. Two will suffice for the quest. Foddas was lucky enough to forage one for me and i paid 100pp for the second one. Potameids are found on the east side of JP and are fairly easy to hunt. I could not bring myself to kill Dryads, so i asked the zone if anyone was killing them and asked to buy the meat. I recommend you do the potameid pate, since potameid parts stack and Dryads does not. Either works, so the choice is up to you. I did both not realizing i did not need them both so dont make the same mistake.

    --Dryad, Potameid pate
    -First you need Dryad meat or Potameid Meat or Potameid meat (trivial 151)
    -(foraged) plant shoots
    -brandy
    -spices
    -combine in an oven or spit which will result in a +4 wisdom banquet meal for the dryad recipe and +4 intelligence banquet meal for the potameid recipe.


    ****Hand in the Dryad or Potameid pate to Finewine. He will complain about how your food was good, but not good enough. He wants you to use his own brand of brandy. He will hand you back the warning and the no drop wine.*****

    Now to make the panther pate. Panther livers are found on panthers in JP, i killed about 3 until i got the no drop liver.

    ---panther pate
    -no drop panther liver from JP panthers
    -(foraged) plant shoots
    -no drop brandy from guard (see above)
    -spices
    -combine in an oven or spit

    **Turn in the panther pate and the warning letter to Guard Finewine***

    **You get the shift report in return (check your bags)

    **Turn in Shift report to Sergeant Caelin and he will give you a Book of Reports.

    **Give Book of Reports to Captain Tillin in South Qeynos, on second floor of arena (the one you used to hand gnoll fangs to when you were level 10), he will give you a set of Orders.

    **Give the Orders to Sergeant Caelin in Jaggedpine. He will give you a Writ of Execution and a Black Satchel (two slot container, so make sure you have an empty inventory slot).

    <This is where i have stopped.>

    For the FINAL part, you must kill Barducks Darkpaw, the named gnoll in gnoll caves, he will drop a no drop head among other loot.

    Barducks Darkpaw
    HP: 22 to 24 khp, Hits for max 252, can be slowed/feared/snared
    He is located in the gnoll caves in JP, in the large 8 shaped room where Foddas enjoys fighting.
    I beleive a well balanced group of 50+ can take him slowed with a cleric on heals.


    **Combine the Writ of Execution and Barducks Darpaw's head in the black satchel.**

    Time is of the Essence....

    At this point i see the Group in gnoll caves, lesser succoring to the safe point. Approximately 5 mins after barducks is down a message will play across the zone.

    Gnolls will attack the Fort, in three waves of up to 10 level 40-45 gnolls. The attacking gnolls are easier than the ones in the caves but i assume a large at least 2 group force is required.

    They want to kill the Sergeant so he must be protected at all costs. (maybe a healer on him?) The gnolls will drop no rent class specific items that you turn in to the surviving sargeant for very nice class specific items!

    **Give the container and your Marked Qeynos Badge of Honor to Sergeant Caelin for your Badge of Nobility.**


    Qeynos Badge of Nobility
    MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
    Neck
    AC: 6
    STR: +6 WIS: +6 INT: +6 HP: +40 MANA: +40
    Effect See Invisible (Worn)
    Weight & Size WT: 0.1 Size: SMALL
    Class ALL
    Race ALL

    Woot, Well thats the entire quest (phew). I highly recommend this quest to any guildie who wants to do it. It is probably one of the most detailed, and fun quest i have done or seen for that matter. Again this badge is the 5th in a series of quests, if you would like me to post the other 4 i will be glad to do so.

    I would like to bring the guild together to finish this quest it will be a blast! let me know when you all think a good time for this raid would be. Take care LDK

    -Gaelaiel
    Reaver of the 54th Season

    ------------------------------


    Im your biggest fan LDK!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ediena's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Looks like a good quest. I would love to do it for myself as well as help you all kill those nasty gnolls when we need to /smile

  3. #3
    Inactive Member DATHGUNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dathgunz has all the requirements for the SK section of this quest completed. I would like to finish and help all who want to do this quest.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Aurora's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2002
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I'm on the third badge myself, still need to get further along.

    And Gaelaiel I spent all that time with you and forgot to get your picture. Shame on me. We need to fix that picture dear.

    /hugs

    May Tunare Bless Thee...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ginlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2002
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Cool Quest, helped you with a little part of it and had a lot of fun, do I need to do the other 4 before doing this one? Am considering doing this one, will also as always be willing to help anyone who needs me to work on theirs.

    Yes, Auroralee please get him a new picture, he looks bemused in the current one ! ROFL [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ginlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2002
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Never mind on the question of other quests, found out answer, lol, thanks to Ezzone, Krushrok, Utladar and some help from Delebe, I (and the others} have finished the first 3 Badges. looking forward to completing the others soon ! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] These have been a lot of fun to do.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CJ/Krush's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Quick note about the 3rd quest I haven't seen on any website. Me, ez and gin accidently figured out you do not have to solve the rat puzzle to get the researcher's badge. You just need 3 empty jars to turn in. So don't worry. But i do like doing the rat puzzle so if you want to be called a genious by the guy and need help i can solve them fairly quickly. Call me over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •